What did you do this morning?
This team of ladies conquered a couple miles of running!
The 5K training group, led by Coach Jennie Sheridan ran intervals of 4 or 3 minutes with 1 minute of walking. The run-walk method is a very popular method for beginner runners or a strategic approach to strongly finishing a race, The run-way method was made popular by Olympic runner, Jeff Galloway. On Galloway’s website, he details the benefits and principles of the method along with details about the method.
Principles behind run-walk-run:
• Continuous use of a muscle will result in quicker fatigue
• The longer the run segment, the more fatigue
• Conservation of resources
• Quicker recovery
• Less stress on the “weak links”
• Ability to enjoy endorphins
The Galloway run-walk-run method
• A smart way to run – by giving you congnitive control over each workout.
• Motivates beginners to get started
• Bestows running joy to non-stop runners who had given up
• Helps improve finish times in all races
• Gives all runners control over fatigue
• Delivers all of the running enhancements without exhaustion or pain
We have completed 4 group runs together with 8 weeks of training on the calendar until our target race. Beginners are welcome to join for this cycle!
Congratulations to the team so far! We are kickin’ butt!