A local fitness center, Muscular Sports Therapy Center, in Marblehead is holding a benefit on Sunday, March 2 between 7:30am-12pm to raise money for cancer research. There are a lot of local runners who are training through the winter and will be running the Boston Marathon on April 21 as a part of the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge team. 100% of the proceeds from the day will be donated to Dana-Farber and the Barr Program for Innovative Cancer Research.
If you are looking for some cross-training ideas or to add supplemental exercise to your running program, stop by MSTC on Sunday and try one of their classes. MSTC is located at 14 Bessom St. Please note that some classes require pre-registration. Email email@example.com to sign up for Tread or Cycle classes or stop by the front desk at MSTC!
Schedule for the Day
- 7:30am Kathy G’s Tread Tabata with Kathy Glabicky (sign up required)
- 8am Cyclefit with Kristen Lamb (sign up required)
- 8:30am Turf Bootcamp with Jenny Frontero & Adi Kane
- 9am CoreCycle with Melissa Sherwood (sign up required)
- 9am Barre with Tonya Rockett
- 10:15am Kid’s Turf Strength & Conditioning with Luke Behn
- 10:30am Yoga with Sarah McCormick
Tread classes are $15. All other classes are $15. Cash or check only to Dana Farber Marathon Challenge. There are some great raffle items available, too!
Get out of the cold, get some exercise, and support a great cause!