Running? Spectating? Enjoy race day with our Running Company race guide with info pulled from event race director-NYRR and #NYCHalf tips from running guru’s & past participants.
Packet Pickup & Expo:
The expo will take place at the Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 West 18th Street (between Sixth Avenue and Seventh Avenue) during the following hours:
- Thursday, March 13, 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, March 14, 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, March 15, 9:00 – 5:00 p.m.
There will be no race day packet pickup!
Exclusive NYC Half deals during Expo hours only!
Need some extra help getting to the starting line? Stop by the KT Tape booth for a professional taping!
Getting to the Starting Line:
From NYRR: All runners must enter Central Park via Central Park South (59th Street) through either the Sixth Avenue entrance or the Grand Army Plaza entrance.
- Wave 1 and Wave 2 (bib numbers 1−20999) will be between Sixth Avenue and Seventh Avenue.
- Wave 3 (bib numbers 21000−29999) will be between Fifth Avenue and Sixth Avenue.
- Runners will receive (1) clear bag at the expo, along with a sticker to put on the front of the bag. If you choose to check a bag on race day, it must be this clear plastic bag; no other bag will be accepted at baggage check. (NYRR)
- You must drop your bag at the UPS truck that corresponds to your bib number and baggage label. The UPS baggage trucks will be located along Central Park South/59th Street between Fifth Avenue and Seventh Avenue. A map will be posted soon. (NYRR)
- No hydration packs will be permitted in the start corrals or along the course. Small pouches/belts will be permitted.
There will be no trash cans in the race vicinity. We encourage you to hand your trash to our volunteers and staff members.
Please allow enough time to drop off your bag and get to your corral before it closes for your wave start. Please note the baggage closing time for your wave in the Wave Starts Info and Timeline section (below). Your bag will be transported to the finish.
Course & Aid Stations:
Water Stations: (11 in total) – Mile 1, Mile 3 & every half mile after each official Mile Marker (4.5,5.5, 6.5 etc) + finish line. PowerGel will be available at Mile 7.5 at the water station. Stations are conveniently located after each major hill.
Course Overview: “When then course isn’t going up or down a hill, its curving- and it’s usually doing both”, says the New York Road Runners review. The course takes runners through Central Park, the iconic streets of Time Square, SoHo, TriBeCa and finishes in lower Manhattan. However scenic the course presents itself on paper – it’s still a challenging one.
Cheering? Spectating? Running!? Take advantage of special shop, dine & play deals with participating businesses. Perfect for families & spectators looking for warm drink or post-run activities.
NY & NJ Running Company stores are offering 25-50% off sale apparel, shoes & accessories.