It’s taper time for ING NYC Marathon runners! Less than two weeks before thousands upon thousands of runners take off across the Verrazano bridge. Do you have everything you need to get you to the finish line in Central Park? We’re not talking about your speed work or tempo runs. We’re talking about your gear!
Here are a few things you should consider stocking up on at the Rye Running Company:
1. Socks! Try our favorite Feetures.
2. PowerGel! Espresso Latte is a favorite of customers. A few flavors even come with caffeine.
3. GU gels or chomps! We just got a new flavor, Salted Caramel, last week and it’s a big hit with Assistant Manager Katy. Or try GU’s Roctane for a little extra something.
4. Shot Bloks! Customer Anne suggests freezing these for the run.
5. Fuel belt! Don’t run on empty. We have plenty of water bottles and fuel belts.
6. Spibelt! This little thing has a lot of stretch for all your marathon needs.
7. NUUN! Filled with plenty of electrolytes but none of the icky high fructose corn syrup.
If you’re running the NYC Marathon, what’s your must-have?